Dealing with the Irate Customer
Running Time: 21 minutes ≡ Closed-Captioned
Dealing with the Irate Customer - Clip 1
- Dealing with the Irate Customer - Clip 1
- Dealing with the Irate Customer - Clip 2
- Dealing with the Irate Customer - Clip 3
- Dealing with the Irate Customer - Clip 1 SPANISH
- Dealing with the Irate Customer - Clip 2 SPANISH
- Dealing with the Irate Customer - Clip 3 SPANISH
- Make your choice, type the desired quantity and click Buy Now.
You might also like...
Angry customers hurt your company's image, disrupt your workday, and cost your company business. Dealing with the Irate Customer teaches simple communication techniques that will help employees resolve disputes and calm angry customers quickly and professionally.
It's hard to keep your cool when dealing with difficult customers. After all, it's only human to get defensive and fight back—or cave in and give them whatever they demand.
What you need instead is a plan.
The guidelines presented in the Dealing with the Irate Customer training video will help you calm angry customers. Once you bring them around, they're more likely to work with you to find a resolution that solves their complaint yet is fair to your organization.
The Dealing with the Irate Customer training program includes valuable tactics, including:
- Connect with the angry customer.
- Show empathy or apologize if appropriate.
- Guide the customer's attention toward solving the problem.
- Use positive language.
- Have the customer make small decisions.
- Take a timeout or draw the line.
- Know what you can offer.
Your employees will learn to stay professional and not take it personally when they have to deal with a difficult customer, whether in retail, health care, government, or wherever. They'll learn that their basic customer service skills are a first line of defense—it's hard for customers to be mean to someone who's being nice to them. And they'll learn three powerful "breakthrough techniques" that can be used if the situation escalates and threatens to get out of hand.
Angry customers can take their toll on employees, to the point where it can be easy to lose perspective. In this updated version of the classic training video, a frustrated employee receives advice from his coworkers on how to better handle difficult customers. When a kind greeting and an ounce of respect aren’t enough, the techniques presented here can keep a situation from getting out of control. Rather than taking the matter personally, employees learn that they’re in a position to solve problems and possibly even make someone’s day a little bit brighter.
- Dealing with the Irate Customer DVD (21 Minutes)
- Dealing with the Irate Customer Study Guide