Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Mentoring People of Color for Successful Careers
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People "one of the best products about diversity on the market." And customers agreed!
Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC. Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues.
Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program #4: "Will My Mentor Make A Difference? Mentoring People of Color for Successful Careers"
The lack of effective mentoring can be a factor in the low retention rate of people of color. In this scenario, you’ll watch a mentoring session with a White male senior executive and a Hispanic woman. The segment illustrates the pitfalls of subtle racism and sexism, and also provides a valuable setting for discussing mentoring skills.
Laura Vega and John Johnson
Key Learning Points
- Understanding the importance of mentoring/coaching to the success of people of color
- Understanding the importance of career planning and development
- Developing effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Improving understanding of subtle racism and sexism
- Understanding the impact of racism and sexism on retention of diverse employees
- Learn about the importance of retaining diverse employees
- Preventing stereotypes
- DVD (10 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator’s Guide
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
This is available as part of
Guides & Workbooks
- Download Workbook Sample Preview
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.