Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
This program shows managers and team leaders, who have responsibilities for staff, just how badly a discipline interview can be handled. By analysing the wrong way to interview, it then shows how the right skills can keep staff motivated and working towards the same goals. In each case the program shows how conflict can be avoided and a potential problem turned into a valuable team performer with hilarious British humor.
I'd Like A Word With You introduces three managerial styles that need improvement:
* Ethelred the Unready treats the discipline interview as a ritual rebuke and is completely unprepared. He has to learn how to identify the gap between the individual's performance and standard.
* Ivan the Terrible fails to ask questions or listen to explanations. He discovers that he must use these skills to uncover the true reasons for the individual's lack of performance.
* Gillian the Silent is expecting a battle of wills and fears she'll lose. She learns that she must work out an agreeable plan to bring someone's performance up to the expected standard.
- Explores essential interviewing skills
- Most suited to first-line managers and team leaders
- Engaging and amusing drama to reinforce the messages
- Three scenarios that are ideal for introducing role-plays
Featured actors include Hugh Laurie, Paul Merton, Dawn French, Jesse Birdsall and Helen Baxendale.
This video package includes a leader's guide, participants worksheet and self study guide with a PowerPoint presentation.