Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
A Manager's Guide to Staying Out of Court
Recruiting and hiring can be a legal minefield for managers. This program equips them with the skills they need to avoid legal pitfalls in finding and hiring the right people.
It also addresses the most common stumbling blocks, including job descriptions, job advertising, interviewing and equal opportunity concerns.
It's an unfortunate reality that recruiting and hiring are yet another legal minefield your managers must face. And worse yet, it's all too easy for a manager with great intentions to put your organization at risk. Now, this Legal Briefs module can help you equip your managers to find and hire the right people and stay in compliance with the law. With straightforward language and real-world examples this video addresses the most common and dangerous potholes managers face-and presents specific actions any manager can implement to keep themselves and your organization out of court.
Key Learning Points
- How to verbally describe a job position and avoid omitting, exaggerating, or implying
- How to advertise a position and avoid illegal or discriminatory language
- How, and what, to prepare for interviews-and avoid illegal questions
- How to avoid reverse discrimination
- How to provide equal opportunity in recruiting and hiring