Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
The Manager's Role in Creating and Maintaining a Drug-Free Workplace
You suspect an employee is under the influence while on the job. How do you deal with the situation without putting the organization at risk of a costly lawsuit?
This module from the Legal Briefs Series helps managers deal with the tough problems involving substance abuse in the workplace. Help your managers legally maintain a safe, drug-free work environment on and offsite.
This program is designed to help you gain a clearer understanding of a manager's responsibility regarding enforcing and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It provides answers to several of the most common questions managers struggle with, including:
- Do you need to be absolutely sure a person is using drugs or alcohol before you confront them about his or her behavior?
- When addressing performance issues with someone you suspect is using drugs or alcohol on the job, do you communicate these suspicions directly to the individual?
- If you confront the employee and they start crying or get angry, what do you do?
- As a manager, is it my job to diagnose and counsel an employee with a suspected substance abuse problem?
- Can we just spring a drug test on an employee we suspect has a substance abuse problem?
This program teaches five main areas managers need to pay attention to when dealing with substance issues in the workplace:
- Staying Focused on the Issue
- Appropriate Action
- Substance Abuse Testing