Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Communicating Respectfully in a Diverse World
The workplace is rife with negative jokes and demeaning stereotypes. For many people, staying silent is no longer an option, but they haven't known how to speak up. Finally, a solution... OUCH! explores the impact of stereotypes, helps us identify the reasons we stay silent, and then gives skills for speaking up against stereotypes without blame or guilt.
Based on the popular OUCH! book from Walk the Talk, the OUCH! video program offers an innovative approach for training in Diversity & Inclusion, Communication, Teamwork and Leadership.
Staying silent in the face of demeaning comments, stereotypes or bias allows these attitudes and behaviors to thrive. This undermines our ability to create an inclusive workplace where all employees are welcomed, treated with respect and able to do their best work.
Yet, most employees and leaders who want to speak up don't know how. So, we say nothing.
The simple act of naming a bias as such or objecting to it on the spot establishes a social atmosphere that discourages it: saying nothing serves to condone it.
- Daniel Goleman, Emotional Intelligence
OUCH! Learning Objectives:
- Understand the impact of stereotypes and biased statements, even when casually said
- Identify the most common reasons people sit silent in the face of bias and stereotypes
- Enhance skills for speaking up against stereotypes without blame or guilt
- DVD consists of:
- OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts (12 minutes)
- Speaking Up Activity (5 minutes)
- OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts with vignettes (13 minutes)
- CD-ROM with Leader's Guide, PowerPoint presentation
- 1 OUCH! book
- 10 OUCH! reminder cards
DVD includes Spanish and English subtitles
and is Closed Captioned.
This program is part of the OUCH! Series and available at a discounted price.
- French Canadian
- Portuguese (That Stereotype Hurts only)
- German (Your Silence Hurts only)