Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
What Would You Do?
Defining diversity and understanding how to navigate through a diverse workforce are two very different
It is one thing to understand what diversity is, but it’s another to hire and manage the human complexities of a diverse workforce.
Whether your organization already started a diversity initiative or you’re just beginning to look at the effect diversity has on your productivity, this program is designed to give your organization a chance to discuss some real issues affecting your workforce.
Diversity Challenges: What Would You Do? is an engaging training program designed to stimulate classroom discussion of two challenging, open-ended scenarios.
Put your team to work solving these situations:
- The Interview – You interview a candidate who has all the right, hard-to-find skills you need for the job, but he is clearly uncomfortable with your diverse team. The hiring decision is yours. What would you do?
- Do I Have to Work With Him? – You teamed up two skilled employees for a big project. Now one wants a new partner claiming she is uncomfortable with their differences. As the deadline approaches, what would you do?
Each scene has two parts:
- The Situation shares the storyline and the interesting human dynamics affecting the characters. Then, the video stops and asks the question, “What would you do?”
- The Debriefing provides additional insight by allowing participants to hear each of the character’s inner self-talk. This self-talk sheds light on their inner feelings, motivations and backgrounds.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define key terms: diversity, culture and cultural archives
- Identify their personal cultural archives
- Examine their personal archives and how they affect communication and workplace relationships
- Recognize how differing cultural archives affect communication, relationships and ultimately productivity in the workplace.
- Diversity Challenges DVD (17 Minutes)
- Facilitator's Guide
- PowerPoint Presentation