Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
This item contains several different items. Purchasing this item includes all of the component items listed below.
WARNING! OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts & Ouch! Your Silence Hurts will start conversations that are not always comfortable... but are critically important!
OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts opens the conversation about stereotypes and why people don’t speak up. It offers 6 simple techniques to speak up without blame or guilt.
Now, the second video, Ouch! Your Silence Hurts, continues the conversation by exploring more deeply the pivotal role of the bystander. The video is very emotional and will inspire conversations that are not always comfortable, but are important.
Both videos in the Ouch Series can be standalone training pieces. But when used together or in sequence, they will deliver a powerful impact.
OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts 13 Minutes
The workplace is rife with negative jokes and demeaning stereotypes. For many people, staying silent is no longer an option, but they haven't known how to speak up.
Staying silent in the face of demeaning comments, stereotypes or bias allows these attitudes and behaviors to thrive. This undermines our ability to create an inclusive workplace where all employees are welcomed, treated with respect and able to do their best work.
OUCH! explores the impact of stereotypes, helps us identify the reasons we stay silent, and then gives skills for speaking up against stereotypes without blame or guilt.
- Understand the impact of stereotypes and biased statements, even when casually said
- Identify the most common reasons people sit silent in the face of bias and stereotypes
- Enhance skills for speaking up against stereotypes without blame or guilt
Based on the popular OUCH! book from Walk the Talk, the OUCH! video program offers an innovative approach for training in Diversity & Inclusion, Communication, Teamwork and Leadership.
- OUCH! Your Silence Hurts 9 Minutes
Examine the impact of the silent bystander. Ouch! Your Silence Hurts will inspire conversations beyond the training room!.
Many people say they want to speak up when they see others stereotyped, disrespected, or demeaned. But they stand by silently because of discomfort or the fear of saying the wrong thing.
They may turn away thinking "who am I to get involved, this isn't my business." In fact, as a bystander, you ARE part of the conversation. You are the audience. Your silence allows the disrespectful behavior to continue.
- Understand the high cost of silent collusion
- Explore the power of the bystander to make a difference
- Inspire passive bystanders to use their voice as active allies
Ouch Your Silence Hurts challenges viewers by asking, "How will you personally respond next time you witness somebody being treated with disrespect? You have a choice: Passive Bystander or Pro-active Ally." In a powerful and compelling way, this 9-minute video motivates bystanders to use their voice to speak up for respect on behalf of someone else.
Series Purchase Includes:
- OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts including:
- DVD (12 minutes)
- Speaking Up Activity (5 minutes)
- OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts with vignettes (13 minutes)
- CD-ROM with Leader's Guide, PowerPoint presentation
- OUCH! book
- 10 OUCH! reminder card
- OUCH! Your Silence Hurts including:
- DVD (9 Minutes) plus:
- Bonus Skill-Builder Stories
- Bonus Extra Features
- Leader's Guide for 60 or 30 minute presentation
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Participant Handouts
- French Canadian
- Portuguese (That Stereotype Hurts only)
- German (Your Silence Hurts only)
This is a compilation item which contains other items. Licensing this one item causes all of the following items to be licensed.