Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
We’re supposed to leave our emotions at home when we go to work, but in reality, that’s impossible. Organizations that know this, and apply Emotional Intelligence principles, come out ahead in employee morale, creativity, energy and productivity.
Key Learning Points
- Tap into the power of emotions
- Improve team performance
- Show how to manage negative emotions
Today there is a growing body of science in the field of Emotional Intelligence (EI), indicating that proper understanding and use of emotions can help us be more effective workers and better communicators. This program gives you an excellent overview of this topic and includes commentary from EI experts Daniel Goleman, Peter Salovey and others.
You will see organizations such as Kaiser Permanente, State Street Bank and Nichols Aluminum where training in EI is being used to help employees create better, more productive working relationships. Through interviews with various employees, participants will see how EI competencies can be combined with other knowledge and technical capabilities to increase one’s overall effectiveness on the job.
Through the video and workshop, participants will learn the five EI competencies:
- Self-Awareness - if we don’t know ourselves, how can we understand others?
- Self-Regulation - checking our emotions and managing them.
- Self-Motivation - directing emotion towards a purpose.
- Empathy - understanding and seeing from another person’s perspective.
- Effective Relationships - interacting and managing relationships.
As you view this program, you will come away with specific areas of improvement to focus on, and a structured step-by-step approach to developing the required emotional competencies to bring more creativity, energy and intuition to your work, whatever your industry or field.
Produced by CRM.