Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Stereotypes, Lazy Brains & Unintentional Intolerance
This new DVD Training Program shows how the Creativity & Innovation Approach to Diversity & Inclusion works by seeking different perspectives, new ideas, knowledge and experiences.
Inclusion Insights is designed for flexible use. Each insight has a brief discussion guide to help you use them independently in short sessions or integrate selected insights into your curriculum.
A second training design groups the insights into three 1-hour training sessions:
- Lazy Brains
- Unintentional Intolerance
Together these three sections form a comprehensive approach to understanding how NICE (Not Inclined to Critically Examine) people fall into stereotyping and what they can do about it.
Dr. Robbins uniquely challenges and motivates people with a dynamic use of storytelling, humor and extensive knowledge of pertinent issues and concepts. The inclusiveness and power of his message are why organizations like Boeing, Pepsico, McDonald’s, Disney, NASA, Toyota and numerous others call on Dr. Robbins to inspire, educate and prepare their people for the challenges of the 21st century workplace.
Inclusion Insights Learning Objectives:
- Examine how nice, well-meaning people engage in "unintentional intolerance."
- Recognize how closed-mindedness and exclusion take place, and how to become more open-minded to new people and novel ideas.
- Discover how everyday experiences shape our perspectives and influence our interpretations of the people and world around us.
Inclusion Insights with Steve Robbins
- Section 1: Stereotypes 27 total minutes
- Insight 1: Don’t judge a book by its accent (5:50 minutes)
- Insight 2: N.I.C.E. people (7:30 minutes)
- Insight 3: The Power of Culture (9:40 minutes)
- Insight 4: Lessons from Star Trek (4:00 minutes)
- Section 2: Lazy Brains 20:45 total minutes
- Insight 5: Lazy Brains (5:15 minutes)
- Insight 6: The Role of Visual Cues (2:30 minutes)
- Insight 7: Cognitive Dissonance (9:40 minutes)
- Insight 8: Flat Out Wrong (3:20 minutes)
- Section 3: Unintentional Intolerance 23 total minutes
– Insight 9: Unintentional Intolerance: How NICE People Make Mistakes (9:45 minutes)
- Insight 10: Unintentional Intolerance in Action (9:00 minutes)
- Insight 11: Reframing Your World (4:15 minutes)
Dr. Robbins’ unique concept of "Unintentional Intolerance" has captured wide acclaim from numerous audiences and organizations across the country. An approach that does NOT blame or point fingers, it challenges individuals and organizations to be more open-minded, mindful and intentional about inclusion and value people for their unique gifts, abilities and experiences.
The INCLUSION INSIGHTS training package includes the 3-Section DVD with English subtitles and the CD-ROM with full training materials including:
- 61-page Leader’s Guide
- Discussion Quick Guide
- Handouts and Quizzes for each Section Personal Reflection Handout Transcripts
- PowerPoint presentation