Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Improving Performance & Reducing Liability
Discipline and termination are critical legal issues managers deal with regularly, though not always effectively.
Legal Briefs Discipline & Termination program remedies that with plain-speak language and practical examples that show managers protocol and procedures to follow if they are to stay out of court.
Coaching. Progressive discipline. Termination. These are challenging jobs for any manager no matter how seasoned. But they are also absolutely essential skills in today's litigious workplace. In addition to preventing litigation, this information also helps an organization to maintain a quality workforce.
This program uses straightforward language and real world examples to present the most common issues and potholes that managers and organizations face. Then it provides specific actions any manager can implement to help them avoid their day in court.
This video covers issues like avoidance, delegating discipline, transferring problem employees, or fabricating "layoffs", making exceptions based on tenure or cultural differences, too much or too little documentation, and more.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Effective progressive discipline helps to retain good people and improve performance
- Avoiding discipline or termination can lead to charges of discrimination, unlawful retaliation, and wrongful retention
- Consistent documentation-be consistent, specific, and state required actions, timelines, and consequences
- Preparations-Terminations must be planned-don't "wing-it"
- Focus on behaviors, improvement and consequences. Don't get trapped into unproductive and risky discussions