Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Did you know that most patient complaints have nothing to do with medical issues? Most complaints arise because patients feel they aren’t being listened to, or feel that their questions or concerns are being left unanswered. That’s why your staff need to understand the importance of addressing patients’ emotional needs.
General Hospitable depicts a day-in-the-life of a patient - Gladys - beginning with her admission to the hospital and continuing right on through to her discharge. At each stage, viewers first see somewhat lackluster interactions between Gladys and health professionals followed by actively caring ones - a juxtaposition that neatly drives home what an enormous difference a shift in focus can mean to patient and staff alike.
General Hospitable is filled with customer service tips your staff can put to use immediately. But more than just teach specific skills, it provides your healthcare team with a vision of what your facility can be when everyone sets their sights on consistently delivering top quality care to your patients.
Key Learning Points:
- Avoid jargon and give patients all the information they need to make informed decisions
- Ease patient’s anxiety by taking ample time to explain discharge information
- Solicit patients’ problems so you can correct them
- Respect patients’ privacy and knock before entering
- Safeguard patient confidentiality and avoid making negative comments where patients can overhear
- Practice service recovery by really listening, apologizing and resolving any problems
Produced by CRM Learning