Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Handling the Difficult Performance Appraisal
How do your managers feel about giving performance appraisals? If the answers range from “pointless exercise” to “worst nightmare”, Let’s TALK will change their minds. The T.A.L.K. approach (Tell it like you see it; Ask for feedback; Lead toward a solution; Keep at it) makes appraisals easier and more effective, keeping the focus on work-related issues, not on personalities. Dramatic examples demonstrate techniques that help managers communicate expectations effectively and encourage top performers to do even better.
This program features the T.A.L.K. model:
- T – Tell - Learn how to Tell employees exactly how you see it
- A – Ask - Know to Ask for feedback from difficult direct reports
- L – Lead - Discover ways to Lead toward a solution
- K – Keep - Keep at it until needed changes stick
Learning Point Highlights:
- Positions appraisals as a positive, practical tool for improving employee performance
- Presents a four-step communication model for more effective appraisals
- Helps managers make the case for the benefits of 360 degree feedback