Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Carol rates herself high but her performance appraisal is full of conflict and surprise. Carol is upbeat and positive on the morning of her appraisal. She is confident that she’ll be showered in praise, until she walks into Marcus’ office and finds that the company VP, Serena, will be sitting in on the appraisal.
Marcus and Serena question various aspects of Carol’s extremely high self-assessment. Carol becomes offended and defensive, and at times takes her emotion out on Serena. It all takes a turn for the worse when Marcus announces that Carol won’t be receiving a bonus. She’ll also be required to take a pay cut! But will management also be taking pay cuts and loss of a bonus? How will Carol get back in control?
- Don’t: Cause surprises at the appraisal Instead: Prepare the person for what to expect
- Don’t: Be vague about improvement Instead: Discuss specific ways to improve
- Don’t: Disregard employment contracts Instead: Reward achievements as agreed
- Don’t: Allow conflicts to escalate Instead: Remain calm and focus on goals
- Handling Tricky Appraisals DVD (9 Minutes)
- PDF on each DVD with:
- Discussion Questions
- PowerPoint slides
Part of the Cutting Edge Communication series!
This program is part of the Cutting Edge Communication series which is a powerful training series on hot topics everyone can enjoy. Short, sharp and funny with simple messages and skills for everyone. The series follows ten characters through a landscape of social faux pas, insult and embarrassment. This series will shock, amaze and entertain you, while at the same time teaching some important lessons in human interaction, in a way you won't forget!