Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Healthcare workers are excited and proud to care for patients and help them live long, healthy lives. Yet, in this same environment, caregivers can expose themselves and their patients to many chemical hazards. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Hazard Communication standard has recently been enhanced with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
This new HazCom standard not only gives workers the right to know the chemicals and hazards they face, but the right to understand them and how to protect themselves from danger. HazCom for Healthcare A GHS Overview is a new training program that will help employees understand this new standardized process of communicating chemical hazards.
Key Learning Points:
Classes of Hazards
- Define the six classes of hazards
- Understand health risks associated with each hazard
Labels on Shipped Containers
- Identify the required components of a container label
- Recognize the nine pictograms for hazard identification
- Using hazard labels in the workplace
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Understanding of the different sections used on the SDS
- Accessing SDS’s in the workplace
- The written hazard communication plan
- Responsibility of the employer
*** This is an OSHA Compliance topic that requires training by December 1st, 2013 for employees working with chemicals. Note: The OSHA Standard has changed and OSHA requires these changes to be communicated to employees through training. ***
- HazCom for Healthcare A GHS Overview DVD (16 Minutes)
- HazCom for Healthcare Leader's Guide
Guides & Workbooks
- Download HazCom for Healthcare Info Sheet Preview
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.