Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Americans with Disabilities Act - Tough Questions and Straight Answers
The complexities of the Americans with Disabilities Act mean the opportunity for risk is great. Uninformed decision making by managers can open the door for lost productivity, decreased trust and expensive lawsuits.
With critical legal information to guide decision making, the Legal Briefs ADA program helps managers understand their responsibilities under the ADA and how to sort through tough issues and respond effectively. Your managers will learn how the Act impacts them and their employees and find key answers to their most frequently asked questions.
This program addresses frequently asked questions, such as:
- Does the ADA require me to hire an individual just because they are disabled?
- Am I required to give preference to a qualified individual with a disability?
- Am I required to shift essential job functions to other employees to provide reasonable accommodation?
- What is the appropriate way to deal with a disabled employee having performance problems?
2015 is the 25th anniversary of the ADA Act. Yet many companies still find themselves in court over ADA issues - paying fines and settling lawsuits.
Key Learning Points:
- Educates managers about the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Provides critical legal information to guide decision making case-by-case
- Provides answers to the most frequently asked questions about ADA
- Describe the primary purpose of the ADA
- Define "reasonable accommodation" and how it applies in the workplace
- Define "essential function" and its importance under the law
- Define "qualified individual with a disability"
- Use five specific actions managers can take to help ensure compliance with the ADA
- Legal Briefs The ADA (22 Minutes)
- 1 and 3 House Course Options
- Support Materials