Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Diversity’s Impact on The Careers of White Male Managers
A couple of years ago, View Magazine called our series, Diversity: Creating Success for Business and People "one of the best products about diversity on the market." And customers agreed!
Now, we can offer you a follow-up series from the same company, ARMC. Building a Diverse Workforce for the Global Millennium is a 20-volume series that covers a huge variety of diversity issues.
Each program also presents critical business concepts like building trust and respect, performance appraisals, team building and leadership.
Program #7: "I Deserved It Didn’t I?: Diversity’s Impact on The Careers of White Male Managers"
As organizations have built diverse global workforces, some employees perceive an environment of reverse discrimination. How do you cope with white male resentment over the hiring and promotion of a woman or a minority? This scenario explores this very complex issue. How do organizations make white males feel they are not discriminated against and still have a strong viable diversity strategy that capitalizes on diverse employees, customers and stakeholders? This program looks at the same issues as Program 6, but is set in a management environment.
Harry Andrews and Bill Whitehorse
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Empathizing with the concerns of White, middle-aged men
- Minimizing White male backlash in response to diversity management initiatives
- Understanding the importance of regular communication and performance feedback
- Understanding the importance of career planning and development
- Improving mentoring skills
- Developing skills to lead diverse employees
- Understanding the position of White men in a changing workforce
- DVD (9 Minutes)
- Comprehensive Facilitator’s Guide
This program is part of the Building a Diverse Workforce in the Global Millennium series. Discounted pricing is available on series purchase.
This is available as part of
Guides & Workbooks
- Download Facilitator's Guide - Partial Preview
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.