Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Never has management expert Tom Peters been more impassioned than he is about our need for leadership.
On location with four outstanding individuals, and in front of a live audience, Peters reveals the practical lessons in leadership and teambuilding that can be learned from compelling examples.
In Leadership Alliance, Tom Peters explores the subject of successful leadership by visiting four organizations:
- General Motors Bay City, Michigan
- Johnsonville Foods
- Harley-Davidson York, Pennsylvania
- Julia B. Thayer High School
On his journey, Peters discovers that leadership involves more than the behavior of the few men and women who run the organization. Instead, it is a special kind of alliance between managers and workers that fully engages the talents and potential of everyone in the organization.
Leadership Allianceis therefore a tale of 4,000, not just four, leaders. As Peters reminds viewers, "It just happens to be four people who opened the door to those 4,000 people."
- Pat Carrigan, the first woman to manage an assembly plant at General Motors
- Dennis Littky, the principal of formerly problem-plagued Thayer High School
- Vaughn Beals, Chairman of Harley Davidson - the last of the American companies to succeed in the highly competitive motorcycle industry
- Ralph Stayer of Johnsonville Foods
Key Learning Points
- Reveal techniques and strategies successful leaders use
- Motivate individuals to inspires leadership
- Define and promote leadership as an alliance between managers and workers